Here are some general rules about employment.
Working days and holidays
- We work 6 days a week.
- We work on all days except when there is an national or state election.
- You can take up to 30 working days holiday in a year with full pay. You can decide when you wish to take this holiday – on your birthday, on diwali, eid or christmas.
- You are required to give 48 working hours notice before taking leave. This means that if you want leave on Monday then you will need to inform us by Thursday night.
- There will be times when you need to take a day or two off at short notice. You are allowed to take 10 such leaves (within the 30 mentioned above). Every leave over and above the 10 leaves at short notice will be counted as 1.5 days off.
- See the Leaves section for how to apply for a leave.
- We recommend that you don’t take more than 7 working days holidays together.
- You are required to be at work by 10.30am. We work 8 hours per day and take 1 hour for lunch at 2pm. When required for a submission we have to work longer.
- If you ever feel that you are working longer almost every day becasue we are short of employees then please speak with Shiraz.
- We understand that working long hours 6 days a weeks leaves little time for your personal work. There will be times when you will not have enough work, at such times you can ask Shiraz to use some of this time to do your personal things without having to take leave.
At some stage you may be asked to sign an employment contract, the text of that contract can be read here, text to be provided.
If you have not already filed your contact form, please fill it here.
Salary and raise
- Salary is based only on skill, this includes both your architectural and managerial skills. Your starting salary is based on our perception of your skills.
- Raise in salary will be based on your performance.
- There are no fixed times or duration for salary reviews. If you think your performance has markedly improved over time or if you think you are performing markedly better than your colleagues and if we agree with your assessment then you are likely get an increase in salary.
- Please always feel free to discuss this issue.
We hope this document is helpful. If you need any more clarity about your employment then please let us know.